Monthly Favorites!

5.12.14

College Update

One of my classes got cancelled today so I wanted to write an update. Sorry if this post is long a lot has been going on! To begin I will start with school. As many of you know I am currently a college student and I am studying communications. One of the big things that happened was that I actually switched my major. I came to school with a plan and that plan was that I was going to study Applied Social Science with a concentration in sociology and anthropology. After taking a beginning course in both anthropology and sociology I realized that major was not for me. I based that decision off of the fact that I wanted something more hands on, something more engaging. I talked to some people that were further into the major and they talked about doing a lot of lengthy research projects and a lot of reading. This was not what I wanted.
 
For as long as I remember communications was always my backup. Becoming a lawyer is still the end game though so I had to consider that before I made my decision to switch. In order to fully understand this I met with an admissions advisor from a well known law school in my state. When I talked to her I asked her what was really important to study as an undergraduate. She told me that as a undergraduate their is no specific major that is required but english classes that develop writing skills is a huge help! That was exactly what I needed to hear to switch. I changed my major later to communications. I am really excited to start taking english classes next semester. I am planning on taking english 102, professional writing elements of style, woman and war, and fundamentals of speech. All of these classes seem really exciting to me!

So clearly this is just about classes I will write another update post on some other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment